If you petition for a fiancé(e) visa, you must show that:
- ✔ You (the petitioner) are a U.S. citizen.
- ✔ You intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States.
- ✔ You and your fiancé(e) are both free to marry and any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
- ✔ You met each other, in person, at least once within 2 years of filing your petition.
There are two exceptions that require a waiver:
- 1. If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of you or your
fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice.
- 2. If you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you.
If you are married to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you can apply for U.S. lawful permanent residence, otherwise known as a marriage-based immigrant visitor green card.
Email Angela Emerick
Call for a Case Evaluation (707) 596.8529